EAI International Conference on Games fOr WELL-being
co-located with eHealth360° Summit
follow us on Twitter! #eHealth360
LAST DAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR CAMERA READY PAPER (May 16th) and to take advantage of the EARLY BIRD FEE (May 13)!!
The EAI Games fOr WELL-Being conference builds upon the increasing relevance of applied gaming approaches, gamification techniques and game-related technologies and devices for health and wellbeing management and recovering. Traditional approaches, albeit efficient, often falls short in engaging the individual and in fostering her interest in actually following a treatment or prevention. The adoption of gaming-related techniques in situations where health and well-being are involved can push individuals to engage willingly in activities to improve their lifestyle as well as in participating to prevention programs or treatments.
The GOWELL conference invites presentations about the use of Virtual Reality, Augmented and Mixed Reality, Virtual Environments, Games for Health, Applied games, Mobile health and other emerging applications for improving the quality of our personal experience and promoting adaptivebehaviors and positive functioning.
Accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer's LNICST series and will appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in EU Digital Library (EUDL).
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus.
- A special issue of ACM/Springer MONET will be allocated for selected papers of GOWELL Conference. Accepted authors are invited to Special Issue in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology
The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
Authors are encouraged, but not limited, to cover the following topics:
· Applied Games for health awareness and/or improvement.
· Game applications for better lifestyle or well-being.
· Game design techniques and solutions for healthcare environments.
· Games' devices/technology applied to medical treatments or prevention.
· Gamification of healthcare processes
· Well being interventions including affective strategies supported by technologies
· Information technologies to support patient's engagement in healthcare
· Positive Gaming
· Stress management and new technologies
· Integrating technologies to support student's engagement in learning process
· Technologies enhancing Social Well-being
· Technology for active aging and healthy living
· Integrating technology in self-help interventions